The CAIU Early Intervention Assistive Technology Lending Library (CAIU EI AT LL) is a library of assistive technology and resource materials available to early intervention professionals within the CAIU service area which includes Cumberland, Perry, Dauphin and Northern York counties.
The CAIU EI AT LL inventory consists primarily of specialized assistive technology devices that are otherwise difficult for an individual to obtain for trial use.
Who May Request Loans
Requests for equipment loans may be made by an early intervention specialist (i.e. teacher, speech therapist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, vision or deaf and hard of hearing specialist or consultant) for training or demonstration purposes.
These library materials are only available for use with children birth to 5 years of age.
Forms are also available by calling 717-732-8400 ext. 8099 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed request forms can be sent to EI AT Lending Library via mail (55 Miller Street, Enola PA 17025) or email email@example.com.
Any early intervention professional (i.e. teacher, speech therapist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, vision or deaf and hard of hearing specialist or consultant) working with a child birth to 5 years of age, can borrow items from EI AT LL. In order to do so, the following steps need to be completed:
- Review the Procedures and the Responsibility and Liability forms.
- Review the Equipment Inventory to ensure the desired item(s) or material(s) are available for loan.
- Complete and submit the request form via mail (CAIU, 55 Miller Street, Enola, PA 17025, Attn: CAIU EI AT LL) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once a request form is received, a CAIU EI AT LL representative will call or email to arrange a pick up day and time.
- If a desired item is already on loan, the requester will receive notification that he/she has been placed on a waiting list.
- Materials can be picked up at the CAIU main office. Although physically located in Enola, PA please use 55 Miller Street, Summerdale, PA for driving directions.
- Please allow 15 minutes for pick up so the representative can review forms and borrowed items as well as obtain signatures.
5. Items can be borrowed for a maximum of 6 weeks. When finished with an item, please return it to the CAIU main building.
- One 4 week extension will be granted as long as no waiting list exists for that item.
- Make sure all items are returned clean and in working order along with any accessories, cases and manuals.
- Please allow 15 minutes for drop off so the representative can review forms, check returned items and obtain signatures. A brief survey will also need to be completed. To save time, please feel free to print, complete and return the survey along with the borrowed item(s).
Pick up/Drop off Days and Times
After a request form has been received, a lending library representative will call or email to schedule a pick up date and time. All items will be picked up and dropped off by appointment at the CAIU main building on Mondays between the hours of 1:00pm to 4:30pm.
For additional information, please contact:
(717)732-8400, Ext. 8099