ScholarPort allows teachers and students to utilize a variety of digital resources compiled and vetted by Pennsylvania teachers. All the content is aligned to the standards. It includes digital flexbooks, animations, simulations, videos, tutorials, related documents and much more. Students, teachers and parents are able to access these resources. Teachers have the ability to tailor the ScholarPort courses to match their district’s curriculum and their teaching style.
The resources and activities available in Moodle enable the teachers to create a variety of assignments for students to access and complete. ScholarPort courses also allow for the integration of WEB 2.0 tools for student created projects and teacher created curriculum components. Quality professional development is a key component for teachers who will be using ScholarPort. Teachers learn about how to use Moodle effectively and how to shift their teaching to align with 21st century skills. They become part of a powerful PLN that will empower them as they implement this robust tool.
Why use ScholarPort?
- Increases student engagement
- Encourages creativity
- Aggregates and shares resources and expertise
- Achieves cost savings for districts
- Creates a 21st century learning environment
- Developed by content experts in the classroom
- Customizable to fit your district’s curriculum
- Allows for differentiation in instruction
- Provides opportunities for Project-Based Learning
- Shifts instructional practices
- Anytime, anywhere access
- Innovative Professional Development
For additional information, please contact:
Supervisor of Instructional Technology
(717)732-8400, Ext. 8406