Discovery Education products offer award-winning digital content designed for easy integration into a curriculum and correlated to state standards. The digital media library contains regularly updated multimedia content for all subjects from a source you know (the Discovery channel) as well as leading educational publishers. The service saves educators time in many ways. No more constant rewinds and fast-forwards, no need to wait for materials to arrive.
All content correlates to state and provincial K-12 curriculum standards, giving teachers the streamlined ability to select just the right content to satisfy local requirements. The full-length videos are chaptered into segments. Relevant content for lessons is quickly identified utilizing enhanced search tools, such as Curriculum Standards Search, Thematic Focus pages or the Monthly Calendar.
Administrative tools allow educators to build assignments using Assignment Builder, then assign projects to individual students or groups. Students may access assignments via the Internet from anywhere, anytime using their own unique student login.
Free parent resources include Motivation Station, Homework Help, WebMath and more.
Through a state-wide effort of PA Intermediate Units, this product is offered at a tremendous discount. The CAIU hosts the Discovery content providing an additional benefit, especially for districts on the CAIU WAN.
- Engage students with a comprehensive video library featuring exclusive titles from Discovery Channel including LIFE, PLANET EARTH, and MYTHBUSTERS
- Explore difficult to understand math concepts with thousands of Math Overviews and Explanations
- Quickly identify relevant content for lessons utilizing enhanced search tools, such as Curriculum Standards Search, Thematic Focus pages or the Monthly Calendar
- Address multiple learning styles with thousands of encyclopedia articles, audio files, and high quality digital images
- Demonstrate real world science with STEM Connect, a captivating resource connecting students to STEM curriculum and career development
- Travel the globe with Discovery Interactive Atlas, a resource that allows students to explore content directly related to specific geographies
- Plan lessons using many of the pre-packaged Lesson Plans
- Build and administer assignments for your classroom using Assignment Builder, then assign projects to individual students or groups
- Assign Writing Prompts to help students demonstrate applied learning
- Build assessments to gauge student progress with Quiz Builder. Then use the results to identify and address areas of strength and weakness
- Teach each student how they want to learn with tools for Differentiated Instruction, including closed-captioning and foreign language videos