The Training and Consultation staff provides professional development and consultative services to support school teams with initial planning, implementing and monitoring of a 3-tier RtI system which includes:
- deepening teachers’ knowledge in the development of reading, writing, and math skills and knowledge
- consistent, wide-spread implementation of assessment, progress monitoring, and data analysis practices
- raising student achievement levels through the use of effective instructional design and evidence-based practices
- intervention strategies and techniques for the struggling learner
- developing local capacity through professional development of general and special education teachers, administrators and paraprofessionals
- providing services through ongoing series workshops, on-site follow-up and consultation.